We are currently being asked to review two hotel options in Ottawa.
The Welcome Inn and the Holiday Inn.
I’m asking for input from the membership regarding these two properties, any and all concerns will be entertained.
Just a couple quick points regarding the two hotels. At this time there are no major improvements planned for the Welcome Inn, except for renovations currently being carried out on the 3rdfloor,
and I am told other floors may follow.
Those rooms are seeing renovations to the washroom areas that include a new shower enclosure,
- The Holiday in does not provide a complimentary breakfast.
- There is no shuttle service is being offered so it would be back to taxis.
- There is a restaurant on the property and Via crews would get a 10% discount.
- Holiday Inn rooms are recently renovated.
- The Holiday Inn also has a pool and a larger gym area.
- The Holiday Inn is also offering a common room for our crews.
The Holiday Inn has a very strict 10 pm noise policy.
After 10 pm there is zero tolerance for noise issues.
The hotel employs a two strike policy, first offence will be a warning,
second offence you will be removed from the hotel.
I have been talking to several crews about the two hotels, please feel free to comment me on Facebook or email me or Rick any concerns you may have regarding the hotel choices in Ottawa.
I have also established a quick survey, for those wishing to participate indicating their choice please follow the link below.
Please take the Ottawa Hotel survey
Your Health and Safety Committee