After some investigation I would like to suggest that we as a division adopt “Slack” for our internal executive and general peer-peer membership communications. Slack is a no cost messaging app where we can talk, share files, and work together as well as keep our membership informed in a secure environment. It also connects with tools we already use, like Word, Excel, Outlook, One Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, plus 900+ other apps.
We want to use the best communication tools to make our lives easier and be more productive. Having everything in one place will help us work together better and faster, rather than jumping around between emails, IMs, texts and a bunch of other programs. Everything you share in Slack is automatically indexed and archived, creating a searchable archive of all our work.
Here’s what Slack can help us with:
- Communicating transparently across the division
- Providing greater visibility into what other officers are working on
- Quicker feedback and better decision making
- Easy access to information, documents, and files
- Bringing all our tools into one place and shuffling less between different windows and systems
Before we get started, please get yourself set up:
Questions or feedback?
If you have questions about our Slack workspace, please post in the [#slack-help or another appropriate channel] channel on Slack or send an email to email@example.com If you have general questions about Slack, their Help Center is a great resource.